- Berlin, Germany
- With Professional-Experience
Simplaex is the company behind the world’s most advanced Artificial Intelligence-powered user classification technology. The platform provides solutions for the programmatic advertising ecosystem to reduce complexity, create a new kind of transparency, and to boost performance across the full bandwidth of the value chain. Simplaex processes tens of Terra Bytes a day, generates unique insights through machine learning and allows for sub-second querying in a high-throughput and low-latency environment.
Simplaex is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to work on the models and optimization algorithms at the core of our programmatic advertising products:
- Rivr, an audience-powered yield manager for publishers and SSPs to better monetize their ad inventory
- Simplaex Engage, a specialized retargeting bidder to (re-)engage users of mobile apps
As a Data Scientist at Simplaex, you will have the opportunity to work on large advertising data sets with 10s of billions of daily events, and to influence the long-term evolution of our algorithms and models. You should have excellent technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with business partners and development teams to define and prioritize optimization problems, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and delivery mechanisms for the real-time bidding ecosystem.
- Lead the analysis of advertising “big data” to inform the future development of our bidding and performance optimization algorithms
- Use analytical, statistical and database skills to understand large, complex datasets, aiming to increase advertising efficiency
- Develop & improve algorithms for automated decision making around campaign & targeting setup, bid prices, frequency capping, budget allocation, determining market prices and evaluating demand in the real time bidding ecosystem
- 5 years of work experience in a commercial data science environment that requires the combined application of statistical & technical skills
- Strong statistical and research skills with a track record of using a variety of statistical methods (especially classification/prediction models)
- Excellent development skills (Python required, Java/Scala a plus)
- Experience in working with big data using distributed computing (e.g. Spark)
- Familiarity with digital marketing, advertising or analytics is a big plus
- Relevant BSc, MSc or PHD an advantage (e.g. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics)
What we offer you:
At Simplaex we believe in ownership, productivity, mutual respect and freedom to do the things we need to do. Each team member has a large degree of autonomy to accomplish his or her tasks and can rely on others for help, guidance and support. Our team enjoys a highly professional atmosphere and an environment where a good laugh is always welcome.
- Bright and stylish office in the heart of Berlin.
- Diverse and international team with over 15 nationalities.
- Base salary corresponding with experience and responsibilities.
- Stock options program.
- 27 days of holiday.
- Free fruits, snacks, drinks and strong coffee.